Saturday, December 24, 2011

CHRISTmas blessings!

(Scroll down for projects)
Today is Christmas Eve.  Tomorrow we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, the only son of God Himself. 


I like this photo because so many do not believe in Jesus but push Santa Claus as the commercial spirit of Christmas.  (I even have a rubber stamp similar to this!) If it wasn't for Christ there'd be NO Christmas!  Yet those who hate Him enjoy celebrating this "holiday".  As you exchange gifts remember that Jesus is God's gift to us.

Luke 2: 6 - 14 from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation

     And while they were there, the time came for the baby to be born.  She gave birth to her first child, a son.  She wrapped Him snugly in strips of cloth and laid Him in a manger, because there was no lodging available for them.
     That night there were shepherds staying in the fields nearby, guarding their flocks of sheep.  Suddenly, an angel of the Lord appeared among them, and the radiance of the Lord's glory surrounded them. They were terrified, but the angel reassured them.  "Don't be afraid"! he said.  "I bring you good news that will bring great joy to all people.  The Savior - yes, the Messiah, the Lord - has been born today in Bethlehem, the city of David!  And you will recognize Him by this sign: You will find a baby wrapped snugly in strips of cloth, lying in a manger."
      Suddenly, the angel was joined by a vast host of other - the armies of Heaven - praising God and saying, "Glory to God in the highest, and peace on earth to those with whom God is pleased."

Now for a couple of projects.  I seen a really cool gift box somewhere while I was blurfing and I finally gave it a try:


Isn't this a hoot??  There is a big box of Reece's Cups inside for my hubby.  He really likes that candy (personally I can't stand chocolate and peanut butter together but love each separately.)  I used HVAC tape to make the buckle.  The black buttons were made using a pencil eraser in my black ink.  I'm sure Dean will get a kick out of this!


And this holds some gift cards for my folks.  My big question is... why do some pics come out so nice and clear and others don't??  Anyway, I used Beacon's 3 in 1 glue to attach the bottom and so far it's holding great.  Lot easier than a glue gun!  And not nearly as messy!

I hope as you celebrate this HOLY holiday that you'll reflect on the past blessings that you have received and celebrate the birth of our LORD and Savior.  And give Him a big  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

1 comment:

Trudy Osborn said...

Merry Christmas, Carol! I love these cute packaging ideas...so fun