Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Paper Pumpkins

I signed up for Pinterest a while back and found some fun paper pumpkins that I just had to make!  I used 14 1/2" wide strips of a pattern paper of about 6" or 7" then 14 1/2" wide strips of cardstock just 1" shorter. I punched holes in both ends of all strips with my Crop-a-Dile making sure they were all spaced the same distance.


I purchased some long-shanked paper brads and layered the longer strips over the shorter strips and used a brad through all 28 strips.  Next I used a brad through only the pattern paper and one through only the cardstock.  Carefully, starting with the cardstock inside, form into a circle.  Then, again very carefully, form the outer into a circle over the inner circle.  Clear as mud??


Next I cut a piece of 1" x 3" brown cardstock (or whatever size you want your stem) and formed into a circle and adhered to top (where all 28 strips are bradded).  Then the green scrappers floss.  Voila!

I definitely recommend using a cardstock for the inside but you can use pattern paper for the top layer.  And these little rascals will NOT stand up without help.  Try a jar lid or something. Cupcake papers even work!

O LORD, you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures.  Psalm 16:11

1 comment:

Glittered Paws said...

Great pumpkins - I have made these before but not pumpkins - Christmas ornaments how much fun are these.