Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Let It Snow....

We used to live in northwest Wyoming and was used to lots of snow.  We used to snowmobile and ski...  Great fun! I didn't like the wind when it snowed as it would cut right through your clothing and make you miserable.  Hated driving in blizzards, had some close calls when I couldn't see the road..  But I love snowmen and one of the instructors at the AZ Scrapbooking store taught a class a couple months ago making a 3-D snowman, Santa, and more.  She was my inspiration for this card.


The background paper is from Paperbilities. I used my Super Jumbo and Extra Jumbo circle punches to make the snowman.  I cut a piece of black card stock for the hat and used a slot punch to make the brim.  The text is from the Jingle Jolly set stamped in Night Sky VersaMagic ink.


I made the stitches on the hat with my white gel pen and punched the 2 flower pieces from DCWV card stock. (I think I should have sanded the edges of the top layer to make it pop more.) The metallic center of the flower was attached with my I * Rock tool. The eyes and mouth were hand dotted with a black glitter gel pen.  Can you see the Icicle Stickles on the snowflake behind the snowman's head??  I dotted ALL the snowflakes on the outside circles and the centers.


Here you can see the snowman's body.  I punched 5 circles, folded them in half, and adhered them together. I also added the Stickles around the torn edge of the "snow" ground and added lines to look like more snow.  The arms were cut by hand from brown card stock. I was going to use a snowflake punch but I didn't have any large enough so had to make do with cutting with scissors.

5 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

How cool is this snowman??? Very creative and looks like fun to create. TFS.

Christine Pennington said...

super cute

Angela K said...

Very cute!

Julie Robinson said...

cute!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for the five circle example. A lot of four circle gift tags were featured on our packages this past year. Now, I must get out that circle punch for some snowman 3D tags and cardfront embellishments.
Good ol' grade school art projects make the best papercrafting accents. Blessings in your New Year.
Keep Looking UP!
mt23stamperatyahoo