Friday, December 31, 2010

Kick Up Your Heels!

This is New Year's Eve! 2010 is finally over! We've seen a lot happen this year and I pray God will bless the United States this coming year. I hope our elected officials will get their act together, end corruption, and work to make this country great again. I pray for revival in this country. What are you looking forward to?

The owner of the local scrapbooking store in Green Valley, AZ gave us instructors a piece of something that looks like wood lattice.  My mind immediately thought western and cowboy boots. Then I seen a card sketch on one of the many blogs I follow and this is the result:


I'm still playing with the gold brad/eyelet stickers and my crimper. I used card stock from my stash and black cardstock strips that we used to carry.




I colored the boot with Copic Markers: E79, E29, E57, E55, YR24, and the Blender.  Isn't this "lattice" cool?? I still have a fairly large piece so will have to do some more thinking what to do with it.

7 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Very cool - really give a "western" feel the the whole card.

Christine Pennington said...

Great card! I also love the total western feel.

Angela K said...

Great card, love those boots!

Laurie Unger said...

Awesome Western card! the crimped strip is great texture!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Hello my Angel friend! I hope you are doing well.

Lovin' the lattice behind the boot. Perfect for this image. Great card Carol!

Have a Happy New Year!
hug,
Melisa

Chelsea said...

cute card ... love the details!

Anonymous said...

Good to see your creative mind buzzing. I'm suspicious of my wanting to fit the lattice over some polka dot paper highlighted by a round tag displaying a greeting. Yours is much more elaborate. Good go, Carol.
Keep Looking UP!
mt23stamperatyahoo