Wednesday, December 8, 2010

It's cornered....

I love to read and will grab almost any piece of paper handy to mark my place.  I have previously posted a corner bookmark of the same design but it was rather large for the paperbacks that I read so I changed the dimensions a bit and came up with this....


I used a few scraps of card stock that was in my bucket and colored the sheer ribbon with a Copic marker.  I used the Giga Scallop Square punch on the black piece and the Double Loopy border punch by MS on the base piece.  The image is from the Swirled Spring Life hostess set.  The Scor-Pal works great to get the folds nice and neat.






I used Copic Markers to outline the flower and stem and added a bit of bling with the Stardust Clear Gel pen.

I haven't been able to make much this week as I have a horrible head cold.  I spent 2 days in bed (Sunday & Monday), Tuesday getting new tires on the car (blew a sidewall from dry rot from the summer heat) and finishing this bookmark.  Today I'll be in Tuscon with my folks as my mom goes through blood work for her upcoming surgery.  Hopefully I'll get something done quickly to post on Friday.


2 comments:

Chelsea said...

great bookmark!

Anonymous said...

nice & practical!