Friday, December 10, 2010

It was to be an Angel Company Blog Hop... Oops.

I'm ready for the hop but where'd it go??  Maybe the  move to the new warehouse or the weather is a factor.  Anyway.....

I keep forgetting about my brayer so when TAC™ planned this hop I just had to get into the drawer and pull out that little baby!  I didn't get fancy with my tool but I kinda like the effect I got. I used the tree from the new set, Hung On A Tree, and embossed it in clear embossing powder on white glossy paper. The snowflakes are from the Ornamental Snowflake set.  I used 2 different blue inks and 2 different brown inks to get the background colors. In real life the blue gets darker at the top and the brown gets darker at the bottom. Photos just don't do this card justice.  The glossy card stock is a bugger to photo.....


I have a cool corner punch of pine trees that I wanted to use on the DCWV cardstock.


I did streaks across the brown bottom with my Stardust Clear Gel pen but the glossy paper just wouldn't let me get a good photo of them.


I added bits of color with Copic markers to the tree for a bit more contrast. I stamped the phrase on a piece of white cardstock and used my Corner Chomper on it and the green layer.  I'll tell you more about the  snowflake background on the text piece in another post so you'll have to stay tuned for that.  I also used a Copic marker to color the white sheer ribbon to coordinate with the green card stock.

So enjoy a cup of coffee and hop around our blogs! Please leave comments or rate our projects (if that's an option).

The blog hop started on 12/16/10.



3 comments:

Kim said...

Beautiful Carol!

Chelsea said...

I loved how yours turned out ... sure hope we still have this hop!

Peggie said...

Of course I love this. Love the tree against the blue. Wonderful card.