Thursday, November 4, 2010

This ones For You!!

I got into a creative mood yesterday and made 2 cards!!!  Yes, 2!!! I will show one today and the other on Saturday.  Both cards are a bit more "complicated" than I'm used to doing but I seen a couple sketches while blurfing (blog surfing) and, ding ding, my mind started working!!!  I LOVE it when that happens!  This card I used Angelee SWIC (retired) and matching cardstock.  The punched corners are an EK Success punch marketed to, gasp, Martha Stewart, and is called Double Loopy ( this description fits me on many days).


The text is from the Sophisticated Sentiments set (a Hostess level B set) and stamped in Noir PH ink. The ribbon is white satin colored with a coordinating Copic marker.


This pretty little image is the Mini Damask stamp, a freebie (found in the Fall Supplement) when you have a qualifying $30 net order.  It's stamped in Malted Mauve VersaMagic ink. And the cool "pearl" is found in the Clear & Pearl Gem Collection.   The dot in the upper left corner of the stamped piece is from a piece of dirt - gotta double check my cards before taking the pictures.


I used a piece of plastic canvas to help me with the paper piercing.  It's wonderful for keeping lines straight and evenly spaced.


I wanted to show you this interesting tape dispenser.  It's marketed by Viva Las Vegastamps! Our LSS got some of these in and I bought one to "test". So far, so good!  It cost about $2. My 1" tape didn't fit and the 1/8" kinda wiggled around too much but this 1/2" works pretty good. You can change out tapes easily and it is adjustable as you can see by the little tab at the bottom.  Pretty cool.