Monday, September 6, 2010

And now, back to some cards....

I didn't want you to think that I forgot about making cards so here's a couple designs that I played with recently.  I was blurfing the other day and visit  Christine's blog and she does some cool sketches (she's in my Paper Wings AngelHood).  I played with one and, using a wonderful retired paper, Amelia, and a new set called Peace Be Still, this is what I came up with.



I love how this turned out.  I colored using the Earth Tones Chalks and tried to match the colors yet keep the coloring rather subtle.  I didn't want to detract from the rich colors of the paper.


Here's a closer look at the image.  I used my PhotoShop to enhance the contrast which made the colors pop a bit more. This is a great masculine card and would also work as a sympathy card.


This card is a bit more simple.  You can barely make out that the kraft card is layered on a piece of  DCWV green.  I used a new set called Thoughts & Prayers for the text and Happily Grateful for the foliage.  I used an assortment of PH inks, Noir, Sunflower, Starry Night, L'Amore Red, and Viridian Leaf.  These are also found in the Ink Spots 4 pack set Van Gogh.  I used the Stardust Clear Gel pen on the blue flower centers for some bling,.  How do you like the line around the edge?  I made that with an ink pen and ruler.  I haven't done this in years and loved seeing the reminder while blog visiting.

Did you enjoy my chiminea and leather sunflower? I'm not just a paper crafter but enjoy making other things.  I also make ladies' fabric wallets and denim rugs and have sold many over the years!  I'll have to post those someday.   Hmmm....   Maybe I should make a page of my other stuff for sale. What do you think?

2 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

I had already seen the ship on PaperWings and thought it was totally awesome - love the chalks, and the other card is so colorful and bright. Great job on both.

Chelsea said...

I love those cards .... great colors!