Tuesday, August 10, 2010

It's been a struggle...

Seems like this past week has been a real struggle being creative.  Been trying some challenges over on Paper Wings and nothing is working!  And my brother, nephew, and folks were here this past week end so my mind just hasn't been at my work table.  But I did get a card made today!  Wahoo!  I started with a challenge of using red and white and it definitely didn't go there!  I did use a technique from the Technique Junkies and the paper just screamed Christmas!  So, tell me what you think...



I used Cha Cha SWIC and matching cardstock, white cardstock, Copic markers, white scrappers floss (now discontinued by the manufacturer), foam mounting tape, and the Stardust Clear Gel pen.  The "design" is called Pinwheel. Oh, the stamps I used are from Jingle Jolly and Tag Tidbits and stamped with Noir PH ink.

I hope to get lots more projects made as I'm on jury duty next week. Don't know if I'll get called but I will try to be prepared just in case.  And I have a class on Thursday, the 12th, at AZ Scrapbooking in Green Valley at 10 am.  We'll be making 3 cards using a collage stamp by Outlines Rubber Stamps. I just finished my Purse Photo Album sample for my Aug. 26 class and will be posting that soon.

4 comments:

Trudy Osborn said...

Great job! I like how you did the paper around the present. I wouldn't have thought of this as Christmas paper, yet it works so well.

Chelsea said...

great card .... wonderful design!

Angela K said...

Very fun card, it would be great for a birthday as well, just change the sentiment, unless you know someone named Noel!! :)

KellyRae said...

Love that pinwheel card and especially how you put a stamped image as the center rather than a brad or flower. Did you know the pinwheel design is actually a quilt block design called Tumbleweed?