Thursday, April 8, 2010

Ok, I'll show one of the teasers...

My last post I gave a little teaser of a couple cards.  Well, I finished one for my April 21st class and here it is. I used a very retired set called Kokopelli, a great southwest set with 8 images. I did get permission to use this set as I didn't want to buy wood mounted stamps but will push their products in the class.


Here is the completed cover.  I used the Stardust Clear Gel pen in the sun's spiral. And you can see the buttons and white scrappers floss for a bit of embellishment.


Here is is open. I also used the Stardust Clear Gel pen on the Kokopelli.  The panel to the left has a "Happy Birthday" phrase from a Hero Arts set that I purchased for the class.  This card isn't quite as complicated as it seems but it did take some time.  Thank goodness for my Scor-Pal! The solid cardstock is by Core'dinations and the pattern paper is by Far and Away. (I would have preferred to use one of our great pattern papers and matching cardstock but since this is for a class at the store I had to use most of their products.)  I used Burnt Umber and Raw Sienna P.H. inks as they matched so well! Also used the Giga Jumbo Scalloped circle punch and a larger circle punch which framed it wonderfully.  This is an oversized card,  6" x 4"  when closed (and 6" x 12" when open) so I'm sure the postage would be more than the standard rate when mailed.

So, was this one worth the tease?  Now, on to finish the other card!

5 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Very nice - and this retired set is perfect for this card. I am sure your class will love it.

Trudy Osborn said...

WOW Carol! THis card is ABSOLUTELY Gorgeous!!!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it

Bridgett Owens said...

What a great card!! It will be a fun class for sure!
Angel Hugs,
Bridgett

Heidi Hihn said...

Love it!! I love the southwest them! Great card!

cynD said...

OH Carol... this is way one of my favite things to do with cards... My Chirstmas card was the side steper you had done. (in Feb?) this is just too fun! Love it cant wait to ssee the whole shemaile!!