Thursday, March 18, 2010

Cards for a "bold" swap...

On our AZ Stampers group I signed up for a "Bold" swap.  Well, I went with bold colors.  They turned out ok.  I was having a brain burp working on them but you can see for yourself.


I used retired stamps and paper for this.  I really like the Alpha Grunge (alphabet) set and the Surf Shoppe paper is definitely bright! 


Here you can see where I used the Stardust Clear Gel pen to make the F more bold.  And that's a pretty large white flower behind it.  I was debating coloring it but that may have made it harder to see.


I used a new set called Graphic Blooms.  It works great with the Extra Jumbo Flower Punch.  I layered that punched flower onto the Super Jumbo Flower punch for more visibility.  The punched border is from a new punch made in Holland. I outlined the stamped flower (which is inked with Sunflower & Veridian Leaf PH inks using the rock 'n roll method). These inks worked the best with my card stocks. And have you figured out how I did the white's background?? The text stamped in the green ink is from the Beyond Measure hostess set so you can only get it with a qualifying order of $250 net or more.  (Get some friends together and have a party!  Contact me with what you want and we'll work it out for you!)


You can almost see where I again used the Stardust Clear gel pen on the flower.  Plus I added the green brad and white scrappers floss for more embellishment.

Now, would you consider these cards bold??

2 comments:

Trudy Osborn said...

These are fabulous cards, Carol! I love the sparkle on the F, I hadn't noticed it before.

Suzanne said...

Excellent paper choice, one of my favs! I like both of these cards bunches!