Sunday, February 14, 2010

Two more techniques for class...

These are the other 2 techniques that I was going to teach on the 12th at Green Valley Recreation, AZ. They're called Mono Masking and Faux Snakeskin. I like these techniques better than the salted. That being said, here's my class samples..


This is the Faux Snakeskin technique. Can you see it on the dark grey layer? Supplies used on this card: Take Pride stamp set, Noir PH ink, VersaMark ink, black brads, black scrappers floss, black cardstock, white cardstock, gray cardstock, clear embossing powder, and a heat tool.


Here's a close up of the faux snakeskin. Given the "ingredients" have you figured it out???


Now, doesn't this look like it's got some layers? Well, there's the white base card, the black cardstock and the decorated top layer. Yep, just 3 layers! I used Aged Ornaments stamp set, Noir PH ink, a sponge, and a ball-point pen.


This card was so easy but a bit time consuming. I love the look, so elegant, at least to me. I think I'll be teaching this mono masking at the AZ Scrapbooking store as it is easy yet has such a complicated look.

So, today is Valentine's Day! Go give your sweetie a hug and kiss!

1 comment:

Trudy Osborn said...

Amazing cards...you have some ideas running through my head at the moment. They will probably be gone before I have time to create, oh well