Friday, February 12, 2010

Salted but no taste...

Is this a catchy title?? What did it make you think of?? Anyway, today I was to teach a class at Green Valley Recreation, AZ and show 3 new techniques, and salt was involved! So, what do you think??


This card uses the Treasure It set and is stamped in Noir PH ink. The glossy cardstock was brayered with Desert Breeze K-pad. I had some burgundy cardstock so used 1/4" matching ribbon.


I tried to get a closeup of what the salted technique does and you can kinda see it here. Kinda different. I've seen better but it did what it was supposed to.


Now, this card uses 2 stamp sets, Script Background and Be Still. I used markers to color my glossy cardstock for the flowers. I stamped the background on yellow cardstock with Sunflower PH ink and stamped the phrase with Noir.


The yellow background paper photoed horrible in this take but I wanted you to see the salted technique on the flowers. I used 3 different sizes of flower punches and did the middle flower in orange.

Stay tuned for 2 more samples that I was planning to teach, Faux Snakeskin and Masked Mono technique. Hope you'll like them!

My Wednesday class at the AZ Scrapbooking store went fabulous! I taught the Middle-step card using the Scor-Pal or paper trimmer with stylus. I had 8 ladies! They made 3 cards using a set that was very similar to our Little Cupcake set. We had great fun and they all said they'd be making the card again. That just warmed my heart!

2 comments:

Trudy Osborn said...

These are pretty! I really like that first one

stampin'fool said...

I have been really bad about keeping up with this. I am so sorry. I have been busy with homework. I love your cards. They are cute.