Monday, January 11, 2010

Way out west

Actually this is the name of a great county western music group in Tucson (and I have a
CD of theirs) but it also applies to this card. We had a couple more challenges on Paper Wings to use every stamp in a set and to use a set from pages 98 or 99 in our Inspiration Book. So, I combined the two!


I used the Wild West set and the Thinking of You hostess sets for all images. I love how this turned out! I used the small images to create the background then colored with my Prismacolor Pencils. I layered the cream card on the brown piece which you can see below. I used my Wizard (which we will be carrying effective Feb. 1!!) and Nestie 2 (we will be carrying some Nesties, also!!) for the labels. I left the Nestie on the cream then sponged Burnt Umber PH ink around the inside edges (and I stamped all images with Burnt Umber). I found some twine and tied that on for a more rugged look.

Here's the inside. I like this except I messed up stamping the birthday greeting. It's a bit tilted or maybe my head was when I stamped it, who knows.... LOL!


I embellished the star with my Stardust Clear Gel pen for added pizzaz. That star just sparkles! We don't have any grandsons, only granddaughters, so I'll save this card to use someday. Who know, I could give it to an adult for fun! What do you think? Have you made any childrens' cards lately? Do you have this set? Try the challenge and I'd love to see what you did! Post a comment with your link if you have a card using a set from these 2 pages in our Inspiration Book!

No comments: