Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Bug me anytime!

I'm hoping to get back on track of posting a project on even numbered days of the month. So, here is today's project! It's one of the techniques I'll be teaching tomorrow at Green Valley Recreation and is called Faux Cloisonne. I'm also hoping my number of "students" will pick up as my classes progress for the winter.


I used a retired set called Bug Me Anytime and Sprigs to create this card. The sprigs and text are stamped with Noir PH ink. I also used gold embossing powder, VersaMark ink, Prismacolor H2O pencils, Niji water brush, Miss Moxie SWIC and cardstock.


Here is a closeup of the butterfly. Can you guess what the butterfly is embossed on?? And if you are attending this class you may receive this card as a bonus!

5 comments:

Trudy Osborn said...

Pretty card! I like that being able to see the flower in the picture you cut the butterfly from...it gives it such "personality"...for lack of the right word.

Suzanne said...

I have no idea what it is embossed on and Florida is to far from Arizona to take your class. Could you give me a hint because it is really super cute!

Debra Hensley said...

I love this technique and have taught it in classes before. Its always amazing how beautiful the images turn out! Good luck with your class!

Barb said...

What a bright & cheery card!

Anonymous said...

Lovely card - great that you can see through the wings. So what did you emboss the butterfly on? Is it an acrylic sheet or maybe our clam shells? Let us know in one of your future posts! rita w