Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Cool necklace!

I went to a small rubber stamp/scrapbook convention in Tucson, AZ last Saturday and did 1 make 'n take by After Midnight Art Stamps. They sell Spellbinder dies, Opals, stamps, and a whole bunch of cool stuff!This cool necklace was made with a piece of glass that I covered with a blue Opal embossing powder. It was heated by laying it on a piece of parchment paper in a melting pot and heated until the blue powder was liquified. I cut small pieces of Friendly Plastic and laid them on top then covered with a clear Opal powder and heated until the F.P. was melted. Using a skewer I moved the F.P. around to my satisfaction.

Linda, owner of After Midnight, added the beal (sp??) and chain. When I got home I added the wire and beads. I chose beads that almost blended in so when one looks at it they get a surprise! This is a large necklace, about 3" long and 1 1/2" wide. Love it!! Some day I hope to buy some Opals! I did purchase a cool Spellbinder die called "Create A Flake 1". Hope to play soon but need to get my samples made for my October classes at the AZ Scrapbooking store.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so cooll! rita w