Thursday, July 23, 2009

Another Beautiful Day!

Early last week Paper Craft Planet had a sketch challenge which was to not use any layers! You know, this is difficult when your are so used to doing so!

I used Beautiful Day and my ancient Impress Brights Markers along with Noir PH ink for the text! I also used my Scor-Pal to make a small frame around the edges. I like how it turned out! This stamp set is in the Serendipity magalogue if you're looking for it.


I guess I proved to myself that one can make a really cool card without using lots of paper! All I used was a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" folded white cardstock!! And for my friends who are scratching their heads trying to figure out how I got all these colors I just colored my stamps with the markers, huffed on the stamp then applied the stamp to the paper!! Let's see what you can do with no layering!!!

3 comments:

Trudy Osborn said...

This card came out so pretty! The one layer cards are so hard for me to do, you did it so well.

Suzanne said...

Holy crow! That's a lot of coloring and huffing! B-E-A-Utiful card!

Sheila Turin said...

I love your card, Carol. It is so bright and cheery. Sometimes when I am doing sketchbooks, they are so small there is no way you can layer them and I always dread them.

Just beautiful!