Sunday, April 5, 2009

Reinker Splash cards

I'm preparing to teach a class on May 12 at our AZ Scrapbook store here in Green Valley, AZ.
The owner, Dawn, seen this technique on my blog from January 2008 or so and thought it'd be a good one. So....

This card uses Little Cupcake for the stamped images. I tried to match the background colors in the cupcake with my Prismacolor pencils. I think it worked pretty good. I also used Icicle Stickles on the cupcake for more bling. I also tried to match my cardstocks to the colors used. And, if you look close enough (click on picture for a larger view) you can see paper piercing on the green along the coral mat.

For this card I used a larger piece of the reinker splash background and layered it on some Bazzill cardstock. I stamped the Fancy Curl in Noir PH ink on the edge (I should have had that image a bit more to the right. I stamped the Gerbera Daisy on white, colored it with the Prismacolor pencils, layered it on the same cardstock and used some cording to wrap it. Other than having that flourish over a bit too much I like how this one turned out, also.

If you want to know more about this technique I highly recommend subscribing for the Technique Junkies newsletters! Just click on the TJ logo in the left side menu. If you subscribe, please tell Pat that I sent you!

So have you voted for me today for the messiest craftroom? Please do and thanks!!

No comments: