Saturday, October 18, 2008

Tin can lid Ornament


This ornament is the result of a challenge on Paper Wings in honor of angel Rita Holmes, who has breast cancer. We had to use the color pink and one of her techniques that she posted to our Paper Wings online group. I used the Marker Thumping technique which is SOOO easy! I started with the tree from the Joy of Christmas set and inked it with Chartreuse ink. Next I took 3 markers and, starting with the lightest color, "thumped" them on the inked stamp. After "huffing" on the stamp to moisten the inks I then stamped it on my scrap of white cardstock and cut out. I inked the word Christmas from the Trendy Greetings set with a black marker and stamped it on the vellum. I cut out my circle of pink cardstock with my Coluzzle Nested Circle (don't forget you need the mat and swivel knife) and adhered it to the large can lid using 1/4" Wonder Tape. I adhered the tree then used my Crop-a-Dile to punch the hole and set the eyelet. I adhered the vellum using a dab of Dries Clear Glue then used Red Stickles to cover to glue so it wouldn't show. I had some red sheer ribbon to adorn the ornament. You can use any size lid to make your ornaments but you will need to find stamps to fit. They also would look pretty cool to adorn a gift. What other uses can you come up with??

No comments: