Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Wild ponies in the sun

I have been trying to learn techniques from Michelle Zindorf as she is amazing with her brayer and sponge work. Click here to see the original card of hers that I tried to make. I used to have a nice Arabian gelding for 22 years that I trained myself. He was a real beauty and did well at horse shows in the halter competition. He was very intelligent and loveable. I had to put him down about 8 years ago due to crippling of his legs and back. I rode him a lot and the freedom I felt while aboard was wonderful and I did do a lot of dreaming, too. This card is a tribute to El Coreb (Corey for short).

I will not even try to explain how I did this card other than to say I used the Happy Trails set and a retired set called Dance With Your Spirit since I couldn't find a current stamp I wanted to use with the horses. The eyelets came from my stash and the papers are white premium & black cardstock and orange from the Neutrals Cardstock Stack. The Dream is stamped with Versamark ink and embossed with white embossing powder.

2 comments:

BarbL said...

Actually Carol, I like your card better than the original. The image seems clearer to me. EXCELLENT job on the sponging.
Beautiful card!!
You are a technique pro!!
Oh, and just so you know, I like your cards better than the published ones too!
Barb L.
PS: Thanks for the award and all your positive feedback comments on my blog. You're the best!!

Dianette Seda said...

Wow!!!! WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW, is all I can say.