Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Photo Cube

I had to try this project I seen on Paper Jewels blogspot. Click here for her tutorial page. I used Miss Moxie SWIC and Cardstock. I also used the This Boy set and Essential Elements (the arrow on a back panel). It was a real challenge to get the CD cases assembled properly, almost like a 5000 piece jigsaw puzzle! But, if you watch Jewels video closely you will get it. You should not have any "gaps" in the cases when it's assembled.

I colored the arrow with my Orangerie PH ink by directly rubbing the ink pad on the arrow then I took a black Sharpie marked the colored the edges. I used the Kinder-Bet for the large words on the right panel shown below.

Now, I bet when my folks get back this fall from New Mexico and my mom sees this, she'll want it! But, it may become a gift for Matt since it is pics of him and his Blazer that he rebuilt. I may do some extra gluing to make sure the CD cases stay closed. Well, back to the worktable for more projects! Happy stamping!

3 comments:

Jewels said...

That came out great, Carol! I love it!
Jewels

Susan said...

Wasn't that just totally fun to make? You did a great job :)

Jewels said...

Carol,
I'm featuring your cube on my CD Cube Carnival . . .
http://paperjewels.blogspot.com/2008/08/cd-photo-cube-carnival.html
Jewels