Thursday, July 24, 2008

Bandana Technique

This technique was posted to an "angel" webgroup called TAC-niques a couple months ago and it just came out in the newest Technique Junkies newsletter! My friend and downline, Jan, in Fairview, MT, wanted me to post it so I finally got around to it.

I used a nice red cardstock and stamped with Noir Palette Hybrid ink the Salsa Flowers on the bottom 1/2 of the card. I took the white pen from the Souffle Gelly Pens and colored, dotted, and marked as shown. I think this is pretty cool! I used the word from our Hostess Set A called Laugh (you must have a $100 net order to get it and it will retire end of January 2009), stamped with VersaMark ink and used white embossing powder to really make it pop. I had some red gingham ribbon that I thought went well with the technique. I layered with black cardstock to really set off the designs. There are many images in our catalog that would work well with this technique, such as Fantasy Flourishes, Ornate Swirls, Bold Flourishes, Cute Curliques, and Paisley Rockz, just to name a few! (If you find a broken link please let me know! Thanks!) Now, how about you give it a try!!

3 comments:

BarbL said...

Very pretty! You've inspired me to try it!

Rachel V. said...

This is wonderful! Adding this technique to my want-to-try list!

Anonymous said...

Love this technique! Very pretty card!

Christina