Tuesday, July 8, 2008

3 Christmas Cards (in July even!)

I've been playing with some challenges from a web group and decided to use them to get some more of my Christmas cards made.

This first card uses Penelope SWIC and cardstock, new exclusive papers we carry. It is absolutely gorgeous with jewel tones! This scan doesn't do it justice at all! I also used the Giga Scalloped Circle punch. The stamps are from the Joy of Christmas set and I used Landscape and Noir Palette Hybrid inks. I just got the papers yesterday and couldn't wait to play with them!

This second card uses the same stamp set but I used Miss Moxie SWIC and cardstock. The JOY is stamped with Versamark ink and then I used Red embossing powder and my heat tool. I found some paper brads that worked great with the colors in the card.

For this third card I used Winchester SWIC and cardstock. Very non-traditional but elegant to me. I used the Sweet Goodies set and Noir ink then a touch of Prismacolor pencils on the leaves and berries of the holly, very subtle. The 1/4" ribbons are from my stash and I attached the 2 colors with a stapler.

Well, I hope I've given you some inspiration for some relatively easy cards! And a glimpse of 3 of our great paper collections. Happy stamping!!

1 comment:

christina said...

Love 'em! I really like how you used a lot of non "traditional" colors for your cards!

Christina