Monday, May 12, 2008

Today's Sneak Peak and a Bling Card

I went way outside my comfort zone for this card. You can't see all the glitter and sparklies on it but every flower and butterfly just shines. I used a piece of paper from our Country Cottage Designer Collection which is now retired but we still have 4 great collections! Look in my Products section under Paper Collections and then Designer Collections. I stamped the flowers from Spring Dream in Palette Hybrid Noir on a scrap of white cardstock, colored with PrismaColor Pencils and added silver and turquoise Stickles. I started with Dark Blue cardstock from the Cardstock Stack and layered the blue from the Country Cottage Collection. I took a 3" x 3" piece of the yellow from the paper collection and folded it to sort of make a vase and inked the inside edges with Sunflower Palette Hybrid Ink and adhered it to the center of the card. I then cut out the flowers and adhered some with double-stick tape and some with Pop Dots to make them stand out more. I stamped the 2 butterflies from the Retro Butterflies set (which is currently a Hostess Set and not available until the new catalogue), colored and glittered them, and. after they were dry, I cut them out and mounted with Pop Dots. I don't usually do this much glitz and think this will make a great card for one of my granddaughters!

Here is another sneak peak of a stamp! This "piece" in in a set of 9 for $19.95. It certainly gives "wings" to some ideas!
A Company Update today about the Crop-a-Dile Big Bite: Our shipment of this highly-sought after product has finally arrived from the manufacturer and is now available for ordering purposes. Thank you for your patience as we awaited to receive our shipment.

No comments: