Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A simple card.

I was playing with a watercolor resist technique for a challenge on a group I belong to and this was my entry. I used watercolor paper and stamped the tree from the Good Timber set in Versamark ink and embossed with clear embossing powder. I sprayed the piece with Willow Walnut Ink. After it cooled I laid a piece of regular typing paper over this and ironed off the embossing powder. I also distressed the edges with the distresser tool from our cutting tool set. I stamped the text from this set on a scrap piece of white cardstock in Noir Palette Hybrid ink and layered as shown on olive cardstock (with the edges sanded) from the Neutrals Cardstock Stack. I then layered as shown on a scrap of dark green cardstock (shown is not from TAC but my stash and is 1/8" smaller than 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" on both sides). I took my 1/4" circle punch and punched the corners. I layered this on a folded 5 1/2" x 8" white premium cardstock. You can ink the edges of the card before layering the colored cardstock for a more distressed look.

I will probably not post anything next week as Dean has 2 sisters and a brother-in-law from the Portland, OR area coming to visit! They will be here sometime Friday evening and leaving the following Friday. They haven't said anything yet about where they want to go but I'm betting we'll go to Nogales, Mexico. Hopefully I'll have some pics to post of our time together after they leave. I hope to get another project posted before they arrive but I do have lots of cleaning and baking to get done. I still haven't finished painting our storage shed due to wind. The temp is supposed to get back up to the low 90's today so I'm sure our a/c will be kicking on early afternoon. So, I guess I better go get some lunch and get off my 'puter! Happy stamping!

1 comment:

Annie said...

I love this technique! What a gorgeous card!