Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Dad's Birthday Card

My dad has a birthday on Wednesday, he'll be 73! I made this card as he loves to play golf. This is also today's sketch challenge on Paper Wings. The card measures 8" x 5 1/2". I used Just Like Dad WIC paper, navy cardstock, and white premium cardstock. The stamp set is Fore! and the U in the title is from Kinder-Bet and the exclamation mark is an upside-down i from the set. I colored the golfer and golf course with Prismacolor pencils. The 3 golf balls are mounted on pop dots and covered with Crystal Lacquer and they really pop! I wouldn't be surprised if my mom wants to give this card and I'll give him the other card I made using a retired stamp, Old Truck, and paper from the Just Like Dad WIC. It's pretty cool, too!

Don't forget, you only have 1 more day to order the April SOTM and Vintage Set! I'll be posting May's on Thursday (hopefully I'll remember).

No comments: