Sunday, March 9, 2008

Spring Fold Card

I seen a card using this template while following a link on a blog I read now and then. I thought is was so cool so I just had to try it. Follow the template above with scoring and shaping your 5" x 10" piece of cardstock. It may be hard to read even if you click on it to enlarge so I'll give you a little help here. Score at 2 1/2" and 5", and carefully make a small mark on each side of the paper at the 7 1/2" mark. Cut on the diagonal from the 7 1/2" score to the top center on both sides to create the triangle top.
Fold to look like this. I really had to play with my score lines before I got to this so have patience!
I adhered the front triangle to the front bottom so it should now look like this. Keep trying! It may take a bit but it is worth it!
Here is my finished card. I used Amberly Grace decorative cardstock, coordinating papers from the Neutrals Cardstock Stack (or use Amberly Grace Cardstock), Be Still stamp set, Fancy Curls stamp set, Burnt Umber and Ballet Blue Palette Hybrid Inks, a White Floral and brown Bitty Blossom, a floral punch, and a coordinating paper brad. I plan on making one of these for each of my 1st level downline. So, Jan, Erika, and Mary Kay, watch your mail! And maybe even Sandi since she does such a great job keeping my customers in eastern Wyoming thinking of me and buying! This card does fold flat but takes a larger envelope for mailing so you will have to pay the extra 17 cents to mail. You can change the measurements and size, if you desire, to make it fit a regular envelope.

No comments: