Saturday, February 16, 2008

We had snow!

This is the most snow I've seen here in southern Arizona in the 4 months we've lived here. This is the peak just east of us. There is an observatory on top that did some of the work on the Hubble Telescope years ago. Mount Lemmon (northeast of Tucson) and northern AZ got lots more snow. This storm is headed east and Texas is supposed to get lots of severe thunderstorms. My brother (in Dallas) sent me pictures of a house behind them that got struck with lightening and caught fire. We had about an inch of rain here at our place, and a light frost. Our back steps were quite wet and, needless to say, I slipped. I twisted my right ankle and pulled a back muscle. I worked much of the pain out at Curves yesterday and will go back today.

I was playing with an old technique on this card. I used black glossy cardstock for the fancy background but you can use white glossy and brayer Noir P.H. if you don't have the black. I placed a dot of cheap white glue in the middle of the glossy and stippled it all over. I added Pearl Ex (retired from us but try Radiant Pearls!) and stippled again to blend. You don't need much of the powders as a little goes a long way! I then heat set this so it wouldn't rub off. I layered this background on some dark purple and adhered to the medium purple card. I took a piece of scrap white cardstock and stamped the flower from the Fanciful Flowers set using coordinating colors of Palette Hybrid inks. I also recolored the flower using my Dove Blender Pen and more Pearl Ex (use Radiant Pearls). The corner punch is from All Night Media and the lining up of the corners was a pleasant surprise! I also stippled a little coordinating ink on the white so it wasn't so blaring.

Well, time to go get mom and go exercise. Got my car back from repairs. Had a front strut fixed, replaced back struts, new front brakes, and replaced a seal in the tranny that was leaking. After all the repairs last summer I almost have a new car! My 1998 Buick LeSabre has almost 190,000 miles and is going good! Hope to keep it another 3 years before replacing it. That's when the new tires, rotors, and brakes will need to be replaced. Definitely getting my money's worth out of this car! My last LeSabre (1988) went 225,000 miles before I sold it to my son but he hot-rodded it and it went down fast.

No comments: