Wednesday, February 20, 2008

New Cards

I played with some new techniques in the current Technique Junkies newsletter. This and the next card are using the Reinker Splash technique. I started with white glossy cardstock to do the technique. I overstamped with Basic Birds using Starry Night PH ink. I adhered with panel to a piece of navy cardstock then layered it on medium blue cardstock. I stamped the letters from the Swirly Bet set also in Starry Night ink. These letters are large so if you want to stamp a different word make sure it fits!




This card was fun to make. The background was also done on white glossy cardstock, layered on kraft cardstock and both were trimmed with a deckle scissor. I stamped the horse from Hieroglyph Horses with Burnt Umber P.H. ink and heat set. These were layered on the orange cardstock from the Brights Cardstock Stack, edges wiped with the Burnt Umber and wrapped with brown scrappers floss. The background paper was something I received as a gift and I have no idea who it is by but it fit the color scheme. I stamped the verse from the Be Still set using Noir P.H. ink.

This card uses another technique from the Technique Junkies newsletter called Magic Pattern. I stamped the Rose from the Rose Garden set in Noir P.H. ink and heat set. I also used Versamark ink, Clear embossing powder, the static pad, a heat tool, and the Script Background. I then colored the roses and background with Watercolor Crayons and my Niji Water Brush. I stamped the verse from the Be Still set in Noir P.H. ink on a scrap piece of white cardstock and colored with the crayons to match the floral piece. I layered both on red cardstock. The white card was stamped with Fancy Curls in Spanish Olive Versamagic ink and so was the light green piece of cardstock. I added the spiral clip and a small piece of red ribbon from my stash.

My friend, Sandi, in WY. lost her horse yesterday. I'll leave out the details but, if you are so inclined, please pray for her. She's had a lot of loss in her life lately, including me moving, and she's having a tough time. Thanks.

No comments: