Saturday, February 9, 2008

Great Saturday!

This has been a great week, not just today!

I celebrated another birthday this week. No, I'm not telling my age but I do have an A.A.R.P. card and I am a grandmother (my stepson has our wonderful granddaughters). My stepdaughter gave me a gift card and I purchased these ribbon holders from Wally World. Well, I need a couple more. Never realized how much ribbon I had and I rarely used it since it all was hidden away in a drawer. Now that it's visible maybe I'll use it more. My folks took me to dinner at Red Lobster and $100 to use toward my airfare to Wichita for the T.A.C. annual convention in June. My dh bought me a paper shredder (not romantic but much needed). The son called and I think my stepson forgot but he will remember before the month is out.

Today I went with cousins, folks, and an aunt to the Tubac Arts Festival. It was great! I visited with Vesta Abel whom I've seen on the Carol Duval Show a number of times and I have some books and magazines with her wonderful artwork. She had a tent of her jewelry and I purchased a beautiful set of earrings. Her website has a "catalog" of her items for sale. Check it out!

This card was inspired yesterday as I sat out on our back steps soaking up the warm sun. Our 2 cats were sitting there with me and we just felt so good. The temperature must have been in the lower 70's and the sky was just as blue as could be. Just felt like spring! I was being buzzed by a stupid fly and I was thinking how nice if it was a ladybug. Now, doesn't this sound kinda silly? Anyway, I used the Scor-Pal to create the grid in the yellow cardstock. I stamped the ladybug from the Squiggle Ladybug set on white, layered over a scrap piece of red cardstock and used a sponge and a stipple-type tool (purchased years ago and called a Kewl Cattracks Tool) to add the yellow and red around the ladybug using Palette Hybrid inks. I added the 2 yellow eyelets and red ribbon from my stash then layered all this on a white cardstock card. I stamped the phrase at the bottom with Noir P.H. ink.

This card idea was taken from a challenge on another blog using certain colors of cardstock: pumpkin, rose red, olive, and teal. The cardstock is from the Brights Cardstock Stack. The rose red is stamped with the little swirl from the Spring Dream set in Versamark ink then sanded with the Sanding Block. The teal is stamped with the paisley from the set with Versamark ink and also sanded. I stamped the flower using Orangerie Palette Hybrid ink and Spanish Olive Versamagic (I got this in the JewelBox Dew Drops last year but the link shows it as Night Sky, I think this is a misprint) ink on a piece of white cardstock. I then edged this with Red Brick and Turquoise Gem Versamagic inks from the Southwest Dew Drops ink set. I added the 1/4" sheer red ribbon. The "live inspired" comes from the Live Inspired set and I stamped this with Noir P.H. ink and added the 3 little orange paperbrads. Kind of a different look but I like it. I show the little paisley and swirl stamps from the Spring Dream set and the Spanish Olive Dew Drop along with the card.

Well, it's been a long day and tomorrow we're going to a gem show after church. I'll know more of what this is when I get back so stay tuned!

No comments: