Monday, October 16, 2017

Hello Fall Embossed Card

I'm currently taking a business boot camp with a bunch of others in Fun Stampers Journey (and it has NOT been easy!!) and one of our tasks last week was to make a card using a technique that we haven't tried before.  Well, I had to think about this since I've been stamping almost 20 years.  So I headed over to Pinterest to a board I have with techniques and such.  And I found one!!  Oh yeah!  I have NEVER inked an embossing folder then embossed. What, you say?  True!


I used our adorable Fall Text Folder that is a Bloom Benefit you can get FREE with a $100+ order and it's in our Journey Holidays mini catalog.   I inked my folder with Tangerine Fusion ink before carefully laying down my piece of Whip Cream card stock then running it through my Amaze machine.  Oh my goodness!!  I love this!! Why haven't I done this before??

I layered this embossed piece on a base of Tangerine Fusion card stock.  Next I used the scallop die from the Border Basics Die set and cut a piece of beautiful fall leaves paper in our Fall Fest Prints collection. I used the same die to cut a piece of Pumpkin Bread card stock and layered the 2. On a scrap piece of Whip Cream I stamped the oak leaf from the Hello Fall Bundle with Clear Pigment ink and added some colors from the Rich Sorbets PanPastel collection with a large Dauber Dowel.  Then I went over all the leaves with the Gold PanPastel to give it some shimmer.



I stamped the text from Hello Fall Bundle on a piece of Butter Cream and punched out with the 1 1/4" Circle punch and Punch Handle.  I also punched out a 1 1/2" Scallop Circle from Pumpkin Bread card stock.  I used Foam Squares and White Liner Tape to put all these elements together.

I REALLY like how this card came together. What do you think?

StampinCarol

No comments: