Monday, September 25, 2017

A Last Sunflower for This Month

I've been sharing a few Sunflower cards from our Sept. Bloom Box and NOT using the card kits that came with the Box.  I'll get to those eventually.  But I seen a card kinda sorta like this, well, the background anyway, and I loved it!


I cut off the stem from this large image (yes, I mutilate stamps at times) and stamped it all over my Whip Cream layer with Black Licorice ink. I layered this piece on a piece of Summer Days then on a piece of Black Licorice. I die cut some circles out of the same 2 colors of card stock, adhered them together then embossed with our Petals Wall embossing folder.  I die cut the arrow from our Border Details die set from a piece of Black Licorice card stock and cut to fit the card front. I adhered the circles flat, no foam squares.


I stamped my Sunflower on Whip Cream, colored with Color Splash pencils and a med. Blending Brush, then detail cut. Before using Foam Squares to adhere it I added some loops of Black Licorice Twine.  Can you see the glimmer on the flower?  A bit of Sparkle Silk applied with the Blending Brush added some bling!

Other products used: Easy Glide Runner and the Amaze machine

I love how this card turned out.  I like it way better than the one I shared last Friday. Bet you do to!

StampinCarol


1 comment:

Terry said...

Big WoW over second and final large detailed sunflower! Tat stem need not to be the focal point. Have you worked the big star? Looks detail beautiful. call when you have a fifteen minute blank on that spinning socal calendar. Home tonight after nine, open phone until 11 pM. . . just a suggestion.
Keep Looking UP!