Friday, September 22, 2017

A Beautiful Sunflower

I have yet to make the 4 cards using our September Bloom Box but I've been making cards using the pieces of backgrounds I made with our Gel Press (which is on sale until Sept. 30). This card didn't quite turn out as I had envisioned and I'm not real happy with it.  What do you think?


If you look closely at the background you can just see this sunflower on it.  I used Summer Days ink and brayered it on my Gel Press.  I then took the stamp and stamped it dry on the Press.  Next I stamped the stamp on a piece of scrap paper then stamped again on the Gel Press. I did this quite a few times. I was basically pulling ink off the Press and got reverse images when I applied then pulled my Whip Cream card stock.  Next I embossed the piece with our Love Stripes embossing folder then flicked with some Citrus Cooler Silk. I layered this on Tangerine Fusion card stock and made 3 banner strips to layer my focal image over.



I stamped my small sunflower on Whip Cream card stock using Black Licorice ink and colored with our Color Splash Pencils and a small Blending Brush. I Rectangle die cut a piece of the Wheat pattern paper from the Fall Fest Collection.  I adhered the banner strips directly to the back of the Wheat rectangle then used Foam Squares to adhere to the background.  After detail cutting the sunflower I used Foam Squares to adhere it to the Wheat paper.  Can you see some sparkle on the sunflower?  I again used my small Blending Brush to carefully apply some Sparkle Silk where I wanted it.

Other products used: Easy Glide Adhesive Runner & Amaze machine,

StampinCarol

3 comments:

Betty said...

Carol,
I like the yellow background with the ghostlike sunflowers. I don't like the brown piece. I do like the orange strips but might have liked them more towards the bottom, maybe cut at different lengths to imply a pot or basket.

Michelle Woerner said...

We are our own worst critics! I think this is great. I love the sunflower and all the texture and stamping in the background!

Laura Williams said...

I love the gel pressed sunflowers! Especially with the embossing, it's a really neat background! Everyone is doing such great projects with those sunflowers! I like the way this turned out! :)