Friday, July 21, 2017

Golden Poinsettias

Here's another Christmas card I made when I took part in RG Presents last weekend.  Again, the stamped images are all from the upcoming Holiday Mini catalog that goes live August 1.


I used a large Dauber Dowel and Pool Play ink to add the light color on my Whip Cream card stock layer then stamped the skinny leaf from the Poinsettia Burst set a few times using Fresh Forest ink.  Next I splattered some Gold and Silver Silk. I stamped the Merry Christmas from the new Holiday Wishes set with Black Licorice ink. I adhered a piece of Simply Gold washi tape and layered a piece of Black Deco Strip and a strip of Black Licorice card stock over my base images. Some Journey Gold Thread tied on and I'm ready for my focal images.  I stamped the poinsettias on Whip Cream card stock using our Clear Pigment ink then Gold embossed and die cut. The leaves were stamped using Fresh Forest ink and die cut. I layered and foam dotted the leaves and Poinsettias in place.



A few green Holly gemstones finished the front. Last I layered it on a folded card base of Black Licorice.

As soon as I have the link to our Mini I will post it in the side bar.

I am now working on a new computer.  I got an HP Pavilion with and i5 processor.  It came with a keyboard and mouse but I don't like the sizes, both are smaller than my previous ones (which still worked fine).  My old HP was losing it graphics card as I'd get spots of black come and go on my screen and I figured it was just a matter of time before I wouldn't be able to use it.  Poor thing was over 7 years old so it was time.

I also sold my Copic markers (don't faint!) since I haven't used them in ages.  It was a tough decision but the $$$ will buy more FSJ products!!

StampinCarol

No comments: