Wednesday, June 21, 2017

It's a HOT Wednesday

We have been suffering quite the heat wave with temperatures up to 114*F Monday and Tuesday.  Yesterday coming home from town (about 10 miles) my air conditioner decided to blow HOT, oh so HOT, air instead of cool and I ended up taking it to my mechanic.  Weird, but the air worked after driving about 3 or 4 miles so hopefully the garage can figure it out.  But today, I'm in where it's relatively cool and getting lots done at my desk.  And you get the opportunity to see my desk and many others through the gracious Julia at the Stamping Ground.  Or maybe someone who is filling in as she is on vacation (I seen she was in Arizona Sunday!).  But here's my desk in the middle of a project.


I was playing with a technique we were taught at our company's 3rd annual convention June 7 - 10 using water, a media tray, and our Silks (a liquid metallic or shimmery liquid ink-like product). You can see my "marbled pieces of paper in the middle of my work place.  Also there are the stamps & dies I'll be using. Do you want to see what I made?


Except for the green base all pieces of paper have been marbled.  This was a hoot! I also flicked some of our Sparkle Silk on the flowers for fun and added some pearls.





I made this card for a challenge using this technique through a fellow coach on FB.  Love it but it is messy. And the stamps are in our soon-to-be live on July 1 catalog so they're not available yet.

Now please head over to the Stamping Ground and check out the links to many more desks.  I'll be home today since I'm vehicle-less until this evening.

StampinCarol

12 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Love that marbling effect. I've done something similar with shaving foam. Hope the air con is sorted out soon. Mine needs resealing before it can be re gassed, so I'm having to manage without at the moment! Happy WOYWW Sarah #28

Jan said...

Great WOYWW. Thanks for sharing xx Jan 31

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Carol, great technique, useful in lots of ways. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #9 XxX

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oh, I used to love marbling when I was at school! It looks perfect for those flowers, how clever 💖💖
Hugs LLJ 10 xxx

Dorlene Durham said...

We are at 107 here in Central CA so we're hot as well. So far so good with A/C. That card is so beautiful! The marbling and the stamp is great! Have a great week and try to stay cool! Dorlene #38

ToadilyDiane said...

I hope you get your air fixed! Great cards!
Have a great day!
Diane F #27

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Carol,

Yikes! I hear Arizona is having record breaking heat. Holy moly! I hope your a/c manages to get fixed, and soon.

The card is beautiful. Love the marbling effect.

Happy WOYWW
Kay (2)

Shoshi said...

Pretty card, Carol, and an interesting technique. Always something different on WOYWW! Thank you for your visit and your kind comment - yes, it's a sad time without our kitties and we hope for news of new kittens soon. You are not the first person to think I've got a drill on my desk - it's actually a Bosch hot glue gun!

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #26

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Love marbling and this is a lovely card too. Thanks for the visit to mine. Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x22x

May said...

Lovely desk and just love that card... I love a bit of messy crafting.. I hope the heat cools soon for you... Have a happy week ahead... May #21

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated WOYWW. Beautiful flowers. Reminds me that I was going to try the shaving foam technique (even bought some cheap shaving foam!). Something to add to my To Do list, or I will forget again. Hope your A/C is working well now. Ali x #30

Carmen said...

Messy making - is there anything better? :D

Hope you have a lovely week,

Carmen x #32