Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Workdesk Wednesday and More

First of all, Happy 8th Anniversary to What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday!  This is week 416 that this fun weekly blog get together has been taking place. Thanks, Julia of the Stamping Ground for bringing so many together in fun and friendships!

My desk is very  busy as I prepare for swaps for our upcoming Fun Stampers Journey 3rd annual Convention, prep for a class on Friday, and more.  So much happening!  But I got the card kits done and today is the cut off for registering.  I have the first of a few "itty bittys" (our version of card candy or embellishments), and got my desk a bit more tidy since this picture was taken yesterday. 


Let's see,  from left to right, a pack of green paper that I'm die cutting for part of my itty bittys. Where I work on the paper pile on top of my Scor-Pal,  the butterfly die cuts and my vine die,  then my Ott lamp and then my Amaze machine with a piece of paper with lots of die cuts removed.  I'm just using bits of bits.  I took this pic so you can see the view I have as I work.  So directly in front of my chair are my Copic markers front and center, to the right my rack of ink pads, and to the left my PanPastels in the mesh bags way at the top of the shelf and oodles of stuff right above the Cricut.  But I do have a little project I can show...


This card has no stamping but all die cuts.  I save the aluminum seal from our coffee cans and used a variety of dies to cut them into the flower and leaves.  A few rhinestones for more bling.  I mounted the flower on a piece of pearled black paper.


It's very difficult to photo this shiny card but it does just jump out at you.  I'll be finishing this into a birthday card for my dad's wife's birthday tomorrow.

So please head over to the Stamping Ground and check out the many desks and crafters taking part in this hop. I'll be working on my trades and swaps all day as convention is in 2 weeks!!!
(And I'm so happy that I'm no longer getting the 30+ hits every 4 hours!  After 3 1/2 months whoever must have decided I'm harmless or whatever.  Back to the normal hits!  Woo Hoo!)

StampinCarol

21 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Now that card is an example of recycling at it's finest. I'm sure your Dad's wife will love it. Happy WOYWW anniversary. Sarah #27

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Carol, love that card, it's gorgeous. Very clever use of the foil! Have a lovely week, Love & Hugs, Shaz #7 XxX

glitterandglue said...

Hi Carol. happy 8th WOYWW anniversary. What a card! It must look really lovely in real life! Glad you seem to have sorted out the problems with "visits".
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #5

Helen said...

love that silver card! I know what you mean about shiny surfaces being so hard to photograph. Happy WOYWW Helen #2

Kim said...

Happy 8th Anniversary! I love the desk and your fab card. What a great way to recycle/repurpose! It looks like I'm your swapee, and I've emailed you my address! Have a great week.
-K #39/40

Plush Possum Studio said...

What a clever and pretty way to reuse those aluminum seals! Very nicely done. Happy 8th!
Rose of Rose's Art Garden #50

Bubbles said...

Wow - great recycling! The card looks fab!
Have a Wonderful Wednesday!
Bubbles #36
http://patchworkapples.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/woyww-416.html

Sharon said...

Very nice card! Bet it really pops in person. You're the person below me so I'm sending you an ATC. Please email me with your address at Ipswich2 at aol dot com (capital i at the beginning).

Happy WOYWW anniversary
Sharon K #37

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Goodness me but I love that metallic card - it is gorgeous! That's the one I'd buy for a special friend. Clever you recycling like that.
Happy 8th anniversary!
Hugs, LLJ 9 xxx

Stacy Sheldon said...

Oooh that is so smart to save those seals, I have never thought of that :) ~Stacy #42

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Carol. Of all the days to choose my friends came round and we've been out most of the day so I am trying to catch-up with the visits before bed. I absolutely love that card! Many thanks for the visit to mine. Happy woyww, Angela x17x

April said...

Happy 8th Birthday for WOYWW. Great looking desk.
April #34

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I LOVE your desk and your Cricuit. I'm in awe. I also like the card. I buy coffee beans, so I don't have seals, but I have used the top of my peanut butter, which is also silver. However, I have never made anything as majestic as your card.

Sorry I'm late in visiting. I had an appointment today, so had to be away from the computer. Happy 8th Anniversary from # 1.

lisa said...

I love your card, what a great way of using things you would normally throw away. I keep no end of stuff but never use it and end of having to have a clear out before I disappear under things that might get used one day, lol.
Happy 8th Anniversary
Hugs Lisax #26

Sue said...

Hi Carol, Loving the card with the silver flower. It's not easy photographing reflective things.

Thank you for stopping by my blog.

Happy WOYWW
Sue #21

Lindart said...

You certainly do have a busy desk! Lots of fun things going on! Great re-purposing of the coffee seals! Happy 8th WOYWW! Lindart #51

Dorlene Durham said...

Wow, how clever and resourceful to use that metal "paper" from the coffee cans. The card is so pretty and I can imagine how awesome it looks in person. Happy Anniversary! Dorlene #49

Nikki said...

What a great way to up cycle for the card. Happy 8th Woyww and I have a blog Badge on my blog hugs Nikki last place

buterfliecrafter said...

that is one clever way of upcycling, it looks amazing, Happy very belated WOYWW, Vicky

Julia Dunnit said...

Love that aluminium look, can totally see how great a diecut card it makes! oh gawd, well done on getting all the kits done...it's a relief I'm sure. And I really am impressed that you're using bits o bits. And I love the green bag with the big daisies on it, how cheerful a way to carry your tools.

May said...

Gorgeous card Love the metallic look... Love the shape of that perfect flower simply beautiful... Happy WOYWW...May #19