Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Popping and Twisting

I spent quite a few days preparing very special cards for friends and family and I can show this one card as I gave it to my "secret sister" at church last night at our ladies Christmas dinner.  I found a great tutorial by a demo (Dawns Stamping Thoughts) of another company (after looking at a few) who simplified the directions.


Here's the cover with the belly band.  The pattern paper is from the "Tis the Season Prints", a 6" x 6" pad of Christmas paper that was in our Holiday Mini and is still available this month.


I used my Crystal Stickles (have oodles from before my start with FSJ) both outside and inside.


Here's the inside fully opened. I used 2 bundles, Classic Ornaments and Holiday Sparkle (retired).


Here you can see the open "arms" and the layers on the base.  I used Whip Cream and Cranberry Bliss for the solid colors.






















You can see my coloring (Copic markers) and Stickles embellishing for the panels and upper cover.


This card was so much fun I made a total of 5 and hope to make more.  I almost have the directions memorized!

Also this week Fun Stampers Journey is presenting "5 Days of Journey Gifts"!  Head over to the FSJ Blog to see the great projects!  I gave the link to day 1 to get you started.  Usually today I'm taking part in a weekly Blog Hop of Desks but since I'm spending all my morning in town getting a new GPS/Bluetooth/Radio/CD unit put in my car I decided it was fair to link and not hop. But you can head over to the Stamping Ground and enjoy.  I plan on getting back to the hop next week.

No comments: