Monday, October 10, 2016

Two Fairies

This past Saturday my friend Angie and I got together and worked on our monthly Bloom Box.  She likes to come to my house as I have the Silks, inks, and most every extra that we use on our cards.  We did get all 4 cards completed then I helped her with 1 from last month's Bloom Box before our hubby's called us from work to go to dinner.  Here's 1 of the 4.  The stamp set is called Fairy World.  I have to admit I don't much care for this set as I'm not into fairies and detail cutting them is a pain.  I'll probably give away my set in a drawing or something.  It's pretty rare that I don't like the stamp set from the Bloom Box but it does happen.


Angie is 100% Philippine so her fairies are a bit darker complected.  (She's sending her cards to some nieces.)  We pretty much stuck to the directions, too.


I also don't like playing with loose glitter as it just gets everywhere.  Our Sparkle Dust is very fine and super glittery and I like it but in small doses. The directions called for every card to use our Journey Glaze and Sparkle Dust but I switched over to Stickles on the last 2 cards.  I had enough mess to clean.


I like the effect of this card with using a piece of our Clearview sheet as the card front.


I think these cards would be wonderful for little girls as this one kinda reminds me of Tinker Bell from the Peter Pan movie.

Card Stocks: Pretty Pansy, Lavender Fusion, Designer Vellum Prints, Whip Cream, Limeade Splash, Clear View Sheets

Inks: Black Licorice, Lavender Fusion

Dies: Journey Circles, Border Basics (top of 2nd card)

Silk Silver

Embellies: Lavender Fusion Ribbon, Silver Sequins, Sparkle Dust, Whip Cream Thread

Other: Journey Glaze, Color Burst Pencils, Blenders,


No comments: