Friday, October 7, 2016

An Old Truck and Plaid

A follow FSJ coach challenges many of us each week to make a card or project according to her specifications.  This week was to make or use a plaid background.  A friend, June, made an amazing plaid design using the paddle from the Adventure Awaits stamp set which inspired me.  So, I searched through my stamps and ended up with this:


I wonder if you can figure out what stamp I used for the plaid....  It's not from a set you'd think of using.  Hmmm......  Give up?  It's the pole from the Silent Night stamp set.  Yep, a Christmas set of the manger scene! I'm not sure if I made a good plaid design as I think I should have stamped the pole in the Butter Cream (very light) ink going the other direction, too.  Oh well.   


I colored the truck with Pan Pastels. I've got a lot of practicing to do.  I did use my Silver Wink of Stella to add to the Silver Pan Pastel on the hub caps, light lights, and grill, it's darker silver.  This cool stamp set was a have to have as my hubby has an old 1949 International truck he is planning on restoring.  Right now it's in 3 pieces, the cab, the hood. and the body with the box.  He has rebuilt the engine.  Plus this set has a lot of Route 66 images and we've been along it for a few miles.  Lots of history.

Stamps:  Silent Night and Hit The Road
Card stocks:  Whip Cream and Cranberry Bliss
Inks: Cocoa Powder, Cranberry Bliss, Butter Cream, Black Licorice
Pan Pastels: Mother Nature and Silver

Tonight I'm taking part in an open house at the place where I "rent" a room to teach classes, Earth School Wellness, in Green Valley.  I've been working on my Display Board and prepared some 23 more cards to sell (I hope!).


I think I need to raise the flyer on the far left. Hmmm.  I'll have my repositional tape with me.

1 comment:

StampedbyChris said...

Great use of the plaid. I usually steer clear of it myself, but maybe I'll give it a try!