Saturday, October 22, 2016

A Faith Journey Blog Hop



Welcome to the Amazing Journey Blog Hoppers Hop! This month’s theme is XXXXX. I'm so happy you're hoppin' along! If you arrived here from Karen Seifert’s blog, you're on the right track. If not, that's ok too! Just continue the hop and you'll come full circle!


I have 2 projects to show today.  The first has NO stamping but showcases a piece of card stock from our cool Faith Journey Print card stock and a couple of dies.


 I used our Doily Die and the Bloom Cluster die (cut into 3 pieces).


 Card stocks: River Stone, Rock Candy, and Whip Cream.

My 2nd card has a bit of stamping and mixed media.  I used 2 stamp sets, Thread Sketch (the background) and God Is Light.  I used Cocoa Powder ink for the stamping.  I used our Journey Circles die set to cut out the crown of thorns then sponged with more Cocoa Powder ink.


I played a bit with our Modeling Paste but had some issues with it.  It was mostly dry!  I added water to cover and waited a while then started mixing and mixing.  I got it mostly reconstituted but it was still a bit runny and chunky.  To use it I added a bit of Pineapple Smoothie paint.  (A day later after trying to reconstitute it was in pretty good shape.  I added some plastic wrap to the jar before screwing the lid on so hope that helps.)


After sponging some Limeade Splash ink on the Oatmeal Cookie card stock strip I added the modeling paste.  I offest the Bubble Bubble stencil then using the Spatula I added the paste.


This bottom corner shows where I had an issue with the paste still too wet.  But I like the looks overall.
I used Cocoa Powder card stock for the base and layers, and Whip Cream for the stamped pieces.


Thank you for stopping by today, be sure to head to Ruth Cooper's blog next.

 

Blog List:
Betsye Rose Cimino Erazo
Karen Seifert 
Me!
Ruth Cooper
Kim Lamos
Becky Lemire

6 comments:

Karen said...

I have the paper and the branch die. Thanks for the lovely inspiration!

Becky said...

Love your cards. I love that our faith journey section has things for everyone, stampers, scrappers, etc!!

Deborah Daniels said...

Very nice! I love the die.

Betsye Rose said...

I love the technique of sponging on a color, shifting the stencil and adding modeling paste. TFS!

Christine Pennington said...

Fun cards Carol.

Angelartistok said...

Fabulous cards with great details.