Friday, September 30, 2016

Owls and Hedgehogs

I didn't get this post ready yesterday like I usually do as I've been having lots of allergy issues.  Between the itchy and watery eyes to the runny nose I've been a mess!  But I wanted to show you 2 more cards from the September Bloom Box since today is the last day of Sept.   I still have 1 more card after this but hopefully I'll get that one posted on Monday.


I changed the position of the owls for this card compared to the directions.  Many years ago I had a Tshirt that had the 3 owls in this position and the words on it said, "Pobody's nerfect."  I kinda wish we had that text but I could have computer generated it. But the phrase here is just fine.


I used one of our Color Splash Pencils (watercolor) and a watercolor brush to color the background and our Color Burst Pencils to color the owls.  A bit of Silver Silk splattered on the background was fun.


I think these hedgehogs are just the cutest!  And the background was SO easy!  I put a few drops of our Blue Lagoon Splash on an acrylic block, added a couple sprays with a mister then laid a piece of our Color Splash papers on top.  I had enough color left over I wiped it up with a piece of Whip Cream and gave that to a friend.


I colored the little critters with our Color Burst pencils, a blending stump, and some baby oil to blend.
This hedgehog card is my favorite of the 4.

Stamps:  Deer Friends set (available in January (?) for general purchase
Card Stocks: Whip Cream, Lemon Drop, Citrus Cooler, Pool Play, Limeade Splash, Color Splash Sheet
Inks:  Black Licorice
Silks: Silver
Dies: Journey Rectangles, Bloom Cluster (branch)
Coloring: Blue Lagoon Splash, Color Burst Pencils, Color Splash Pencils, Color Burst Blenders Journey Blending BrushBlue Lagoon Splash,
Embellies: Natural Twine, Rhinestones,

I will have pictures of the October Bloom Box on the FSJ Specials page soon.  Can you believe that tomorrow is October??  Man, that was a fast September but then we were gone for 2 1/2 weeks.

No comments: