Friday, May 6, 2016

Submarines and Dinosaurs

You're in for a treat today as I have 2 cards to share.  Why 2?  Because I have been making a bunch of cards for when I head to Wyoming in a couple weeks and I have 5 birthdays to celebrate.  Plus I got 4 Mother's Day cards and 1 birthday card already mailed.  Whew!  Anyway, these 2 cards are for our grandson and a great grandson.


I had fun making this card.  I did lots of paper piecing and embossing. 


I stamped the fun submarine from the An Adventure ATS stamp on 3 new neon papers available July 1.  They are Orange Rave, Sour Lemon, and Cosmic Grape.  I embossed the Beach Breeze back layer with the Above The Clouds embossing folder.  I added a couple Whip Cream clouds from the Cloud Dreams die set.    I die cut the Cool Pool layers with the Border Basics die set (hopefully in the new catalog) and embossed with the Yummy Dots embossing folder.  I added dots of Glaze to some of the raised dots to look more like bubbles.  A few elements from the Rainbow Dots (hopefully in the new catalog) and some Rhinestones and I'm almost done.  I did sponge some Pool Play ink on the cloud edges and used foam squares to raise 1 cloud and the submarine before adhering all to a Whip Cream card base.  All elements of the submarine were stamped with Black Licorice ink.


I based this on a card posted in the FSJ website gallery.  The only similarities are the background words (I used different ones and angled them), the Snapshot Frame and the dinosaur.  I used the Dino-Mite! set and Snapshot Frames die set.


I used a variety of card stocks: Pineapple Smoothie, Citrus Cooler, Pool Play, Oatmeal Cookie, and Whip Cream.  Two inks were used, Black Licorice and Citrus Cooler.  I colored with Copic markers and added some little black rhinestones from my stash.  I used foam squares to raise the frame and the dinosaur.

Both little guys getting these cards will be turning 1 so I doubt they'll enjoy these until they get older.  Hopefully their moms are saving the cards.

No comments: