Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Full Moons and Desks

Wednesday, hump day... feels almost like Saturday since I didn't do much yesterday!  No Bible Study, well, there was one but I didn't make it.  I actually had an appt. with a locksmith to get a spare key made for my car, er... truck according to the paperwork on it.  He needed a key with only 2 buttons, lock and unlock, along with the panic button.  All he had was 3 button keys along with a panic button.  He's getting one ordered.  My back door is not automatic.  Oh well.  But the good thing is today is DESK day!  Actually known as What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday!  This is all put together by desk officianado (yeah, I don't know how to spell that) Julia over at the Stamping Ground.  So, at the end of this post please head over there to get the links to other desks.


My desk in in limbo at the moment.  I have a set of stamps with matching dies sitting  right in front of my stamp cleaning rag.  But this view shows most all of the front half of my desk.  I moved my crap, I mean scrap, bucket to the floor to get my Platinum die machine on the table.  I have been using it so much lately.  It used to sit where the crap bucket is now, on the corner in the extreme bottom right of my photo.  I have been busy making birthday and Mother's Day cards.  But since my post was so long last week I'm only sharing 2 photos this week.

We had such a beautiful full moon last weekend I just had to photo it.


The other night I just had to go outside and get a picture of the full moon just after it topped the mountain.  My camera isn't the best with night photos so I lightened this a bit on Photoshop.  That is a mesquite tree the moon is peeking through. (I did give a link about the tree, and we have LOTS of them on our 2.5 acres.

Ok, I'm done!  please head over to the Stamping Ground and enjoy more desks!  I'll be visiting and making more birthday cards.

11 comments:

glitterandglue said...

Hi Carol. Yes, the full moon was lovely here, too. So bright and large. Glorious!
Golly, you have TWO cutting machines... enjoy them. Do they both do different types of things?
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #2

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Ah, yes, the moon was full recently. That explains SO MUCH about last week. So many lovely things on your desk as always. You are always so busy with this or that project. It's impressive! PJ & Dio #57

Sharon said...

Busy looking desk! We had a lovely full moon the other night. I got an okay picture. I'm still learning to take night shots.

Happy WOYWW
Sharon K #46

ToadilyDiane said...

My problem is I have too many crap I mean scrap buckets on my floor!
Have a great day.
Diane - WOYWW #36

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Carol, that sounds like a lot of land you have to look after. The moon looks lovely. Your desk looks nice and busy too. Thanks for the visit to mine and happy woyww, Angela x 21

Lisca said...

Yes, a nice busy desk. I giggled at you (s)crap basket.
What an interesting tree the mesquite. I have been trying to find out if they grow here as we have the same climate as you in Arizona. (But no, I don't think so).
Thank you for sharing that beautiful photo of the full moon.
Happy WOYWW,
Have a good week too,
Lisca#15

LisaDV said...

It's so nice to see the full moon. It's been raining and/or overcast for the last several days until today here. Lots of desk goodness to see as well. i like the wood veneer butterflies, I can never have too many of them. Happy Wednesday, LisaDV #42

Lunch Lady Jan said...

25 acres?? Blimey, that's a mini ranch...no wonder you need a truck to drive around your estate :-D. I had to check out the mesquite tree, interesting stuff. My knowledge of countries has been massively broadened by getting to know deskers around the world!
Hugs, LLJ 16 xxx

Susanne said...

That looks like a busy desk. I've got a new stamp and die set too waiting for me to take the time to break open the package and craft. Hope you get to yours soon. Have a crafty week! Susanne #38

Shoshi said...

A nice busy desk there, Carol. It sounds as if you have been busy! Sorry to hear about the problems with the car lock, and it making you miss your Bible study - that's a real shame! Your photo of the moon is lovely. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog - glad you like my practice flowers! As for my cutting machine, it's one of the most powerful and accurate on the market, but it has a fairly steep learning curve. I started with a Cricut but this is in a different league altogether. Hopefully I'll make some progress with it soon!

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #62

pearshapedcrafting said...

Brilliant busy looking desk! Well done for the moon shot - I can never get a steady picture! Chrisx 47