Friday, November 27, 2015

Sparkle and Smile

I've been quite busy and I really need to get more Christmas cards made but that's not happening.  And I'm running out of time!  I did find a Kit card that I haven't posted.  I think it's my favorite of the 4.


I followed the directions on this card except for 1 ink color.  Stamping black stars was a bit out of my box but I love the effect!  I used the following inks: Citrus Cooler, Sweet Berry, and Black Licorice.  Card stocks used were Citrus Cooler, Black Licorice, and Whip Cream


A bit of Black Licorice Twine, Journey Sparkle Cuts, and Glaze, some Citrus Cooler and Silver Silks and the effect is quite stunning in person.  The stamp set,  Be Happy, is great!  So much one can do with it.  A fellow coach used the star in her Christmas cards!

Here's another card I made as a sample for my Feb. 17th class for GVR (Green Valley Recreation).  It's a center step card.


The pattern paper and gold card stock is from elsewhere.  I'm just using up some scraps.  The nice buck is the Deer Pose ATC and the Smile! comes from the Greet & Shout set.  I used Wooden Accents buttons and Star Frames (a free incentive item for a $50 + order).  I did use Cocoa Powder card stock and Cocoa Powder ink along with some white embossing powder. FSJ does carry a really nice White embossing powder but I have a HUGE tub of white that I purchased years ago and I've got to use it. The large oval was cut with the Journey Ovals dies.  The little one was cut using the oval from the Greet & Shout set.

I need to make just 1 more card for my poster of my classes so hope to get that done this weekend.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

I really have to make the KOTM. You inspire me. That deer card is terrific!! It would be so much fun to make. TFS!!!!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I really like that star card! The other one is nice too and great for masculine cards.