Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Desks and Bags

Wonderful Wednesday.  Looks like rain, which we need.  Our drought conditions are lessening as we're now abnormally dry to moderate drought.  When we moved here almost 8 years ago we were in extreme drought.  But I digress....

Another thing about Wednesday.  It's the day I show you my desk!!!  Yep, and me, along with about 60 others, are brought together by Head Desker Julia at the Stamping Ground.  And this is week 327.  Yep, that's a LONG time and I've been taking part a bit under half that time.  If you are new to this please click Here for more info.  But I need to get it in gear and show you my desk.


Not a lot happening but on the far left is a stack of 8 cards sitting on my paper trimmer in front of my red Cricut that I just finished.  They are part of a swap where 12 of us made 3" x 3" focal points which were swapped then we complete the cards, kind of a Round Robin swap.  There's been discussion about swapping them back or not.  I voted not.  I still have 3 cards to complete by this weekend. (I can't show these yet but will when we finalize the details of this swap.)   The 3 little pieces are just to the right of the completed cards.  Center stage is my FSJ September Kit of the Month but my actual work spot is only covered with scrap paper.  Boring.  I just opened the mailer and have been looking through the kit at the 4 sheets of directions and the cards.  Looking forward to these!  I just finished the last of the August cards a couple days ago.








I got in a huge order of stamps, dies, inks, paper and stuff this weekend and you can see all the goodies in my previous post.  I really want to play but need to finish some commitments first.  Bummer.  Anyway, pop on over to the Stamping Ground and take a tour of desks.  You'll be in Europe along with the U.S.  Have fun.  Oh, and grab your favorite drink or munchies as you can spend a bit of time.  I do have a potluck lunch to go to so I'll be desk hopping for a bit this morning then again this afternoon.

6 comments:

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I like how you wind yourself down to just a small spot to play in. When I get going I do the same thing. The bag cards are all great! I really like that last one. Judy #38

Unknown said...

Your swap sounds like fun and the cards I can see look great. Have a great week of crafting. Linda #42

Shoshi said...

That's a fun collection of cards with bags on them, Carol. A nice busy creative space too. Thanks for your visit, and your nice comment - Shaz and her hubby both have my prayers, too - my heart goes out to them at this very difficult time. So glad you like my colouring! I haven't done this before and thought it would be fun to try while not feeling too well, but up to doing a little! I'm feeling better this time around with the reduced dose which has really helped. Only 2 more and then I'm DONE!! Yay!

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #40

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Carole, thanks for the visit to mine pleased you enjoyed my photos. Loving the look of your new stash. Your desk makes me feel right at home as it's so full of stuff. Have a lovely week and happy crafting, Angela x 22

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I've never seen a red Cricut before...isn't it smart? I bet you get a kick every time you use it. I've got a cherry red KitchenAid food mixer, which I adore! Your bag cards are fun too!
Hugs, LLJ 12 xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

ah Carol your desk looks like mine .. full on, and interesting .. well done on the nice stash below too .. I couldn't handle that much at once would totally forget what I have :D .
Thanks so much for popping over.
Happy Belated WOYWW! Shaz in Oz.x #25

{Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}