Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Tiptoe Through The Tulips

I think with this card I finally used all the ATS stamps I've recently purchased at convention.  This one was very popular and I can understand why.


There's a lot involved with this card.
Stamps: Tulips ATS
Inks: Cocoa Powder, Citrus Cooler, Kiwi Splash
Paper: Whip Cream, Citrus Cooler, Limeade Splash, and Journey Basics Pastels
Dies: Journey Ovals and Sweet Today
Embossing Folder:  Petals Wall
Embellishments: Pearls



After I die cut the flowers and leaves I sprayed them with water and started working them to get them soft then I blasted them with a heat gun to hold the shapes I wanted.  They are very dimensional and will hold their shape unless flattened to mail.



To color the image I patted the ink pads on an acrylic block and picked up the color with a water brush then colored the image.  I got a nice suede look. I fussy cut the image then used my pop dots to adhere to the center of the inside oval.

I really like this card.  I'm debating about adding another flower since most embellishments are in 3's.  What do you think?  Should I add another flower, and, if so, where?

1 comment:

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I think the two dimensional flowers on opposite corners work well for this card. I wouldn't add a third. It may overwhelm that great image. Great card!