Monday, August 17, 2015

Take A Hike

A fellow coach, Cindy Bristow, made a fabulous card that inspired me so that I almost cased it.



I like making masculine cards which I know many do not.  This card will be great for my brother or nephew as they love to hike the peaks of Colorado.

I only used 1 stamp set, Scenic View from the Adventure collection.  I very carefully cut the words away from the mountains with a craft knife and they both stamp great.  For the mountains I used only 1 ink, Fresh Forest, which the lighter color mountains are the 2nd generation stamping of the image.  The text and hiker image are stamped with Black Licorice.

Paper is Fresh Forest, Oatmeal Cookie, and Whip Cream.



There is no bling on this card.  It just didn't seem needed.  This card would be great for a class.  It was fairly fast and easy.  Thanks, Cindy, for your inspiration!  And I hope you like it, too!


2 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Awesome guy card - I have a couple of people who would really enjoy this card.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I like that you didn't make the focal point a regular square but put it sideways. Great masculine card. You don't need bling when you are hiking!