Monday, July 6, 2015

Flip Flops & Hearts

 Don't forget that this Friday I draw a name from the commenters on my June 26 post for the 2 stamp sets.  Have you entered?  So far I have 2 entries!  I draw a name this Friday!

I rarely wear anything other than flip flops for about 8 months of the year here in Arizona.  It's just too hot and I love my Croc sandals.  I actually have a "thong" tan line... yeah, that's what these were called when I was a teen.  But FSJ has the coolest stamp set that has flip flops called Surf's Up.  It was perfect for my beach scene.  I seen a card very similar on Pinterest that inspired this and I think I need to make some more.


I used Whip Cream, Oatmeal Cookie, and Pool Play card stocks along with our new Vellum pack.


I tore the edges of the vellum and Oatmeal card stocks to look rough like the ocean waves and the sandy beach.  I added some Stickles from my stash to some of the edges of the vellum for the sparkle of the sun on the waves.


I stamped the flip flops and text in Beach Ball ink and added a couple of mini rhinestones from my stash. 
I pop dotted the sandals for a bit of dimension.  What do you think of this card?


I also seen on Pinterest a card very similar to this.  I love the simplicity of it!  I used the new punch handle and  the Love Is punch cartridge.  The paper is Oatmeal Cookie (see link above) and Raspberry Berry.  I punched 1/8" holes in the hearts and strung Whip Cream Thread through them to make a banner.  The text is from the Ampersand Notes set stamped in Black Licorice ink.


I added some little red dot stickers by Stampendous for a bit of bling and pop dotted the hearts for dimension.

Don't forget to go to my June 26 post and sign up for the drawing!

1 comment:

Donna said...

Fabulous scads Carol, especially love that beach scene!