Monday, June 22, 2015

Journey On

I sure have been having fun playing with all the goodies I purchased at the FSJ convention the first of the month.  And this week Kerry posted the June sketch and color combo challenges.  I still don't have all the colors for the color challenge unless I use Copic markers but did make a card using the sketch challenge.


I like the sketch but I think I made it more difficult than it should have been but I really wanted to use the pattern paper in the center panel.  But I do like the results!


I used just 1 stamp set, Capture the Moment.  I seen a card Kerry made on our FSJ FB page using the bike stamp from this set that was just amazing!!  Pattern paper is from the Going Places collection.  (I couldn't get the link to work but I will add the pic of it here:


You can click on the pic to see the prints better.


How do you like this little wooden embellishment?  It comes from the Going Places - Wooden Words package.  I just swiped my Fresh Forest ink pad over it then used my personal Stardust Clear Gel pen on the heart before adding the Journey Glaze.  I love how this turned out! Oh, the card stocks I used were Fresh Forest, Kiwi Slice, and Whip Cream.  There is better colored card stocks to use but this is what I had.  I also used Whip Cream thread around the card, too.   Did you notice the finger prints?  I had ink all over after I colored the wood word and accidentally touched the card before I got my hands washed.  There was only one thing I could do, add more!  Have you done that?

One of the challenges on an FSJ dedicated FB page is to send a card to the Journey crew in Phoenix.  This card will be heading that direction this week.  The crew dis a fabulous job with convention and made it both fun and memorable! 

Hope on over to Creative Blooms and check out those who are taking part in the challenges!

No comments: