Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Deskers Wednesday and a Sketch Challenge

It's another gorgeous Wednesday in the southwest.  We've had heat, sun, clouds, and today... wind.  In fact, we've had wind of various speeds (not breezes, but WIND) for that past week!  At least it's pretty calm in the mornings.   I've started working on my denim rugs again and have one that was a UFO (unfinished object) for over a year almost finished!  I'll get a picture of it later.  And today you get the opportunity to see my work table in my craft/computer room.  Yep, along with oodles of others that I join today with the great head desker, Julia, at the Stamping Ground.


Not much happening as I just finished a couple cards yesterday and mounted a card front.  I had them sitting right on top to show hubby.  My paper trimmers are far right in front of my red Cricut along with my FSJ Ovals dies (on a magnetic strip), my Copic book of markers that I have complete the Cricut area.  Next my actual work area in the center.  To the right my bank statement waiting to be put in its place sitting on top of my ATG adhesive runner.  Lots of goodies to the back of my desk, and I mean LOTS.  No matter how many times I organize it, well, seems within minutes it's back to this mess.  Oh well.

And I got a card made this past weekend (been oh so busy) that I just LOVE!!  I used a sketch challenge by Kerry at Creative Blooms and FSJ stamps.   #FSJSC3





Isn't this just too cool!  It's not often that I really like something that I make but this, YEP!  Ok, now I'll give you some particulars on it.  I used 3 different stamp sets:   Banner Party (itty bitty heart flower centers), Wish in a Bottle (sentiment), and Special Day (flowers and stems).  I used the Heartfelt die set for the hearts with the text.  I used New Day paper (on the retirement list).


I used Journey Glaze and Sparkle Dust on the heart centers.  And I sponged some Citrus ink around the edges of the white layers.  Just fun!  Unfortunately I don't have the paper or inks to do the color challenge this time.

Ok, you've reached the end of my post.  Please head over to the Stamping Ground to see the links to all the desks.  And, if interested, click also on Creative Blooms to see other challenges to this sketch.  This is a month-long challenge so there is only 3 of us so far.  There will be a few more by the end of April.

8 comments:

Lisca said...

That a really super card! So colorful and 'happy'. Anyone would be very happy to receive it! You had such fun doing it and it shines through.
Have a good week,
Lisca#19

Unknown said...

Yes, I think everything competes for space on my worktable! Very pretty cards. Happy WOYWW! Sandy Leigh #40

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Love the card, very sweet and a nice spring feeling to it. You say there's not much happening but the desk looks busy Lol! Thanks for the visit and
hope you have a great woyww, Angela x 24

Eliza said...

Well I think you are on a winner with this card I really like it too. Maybe you should create a few more for spares this is what I do when I like something that I have made. Thanks for sharing.

Happy WOYWW
Hugs Eliza & Yoda 5

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

ah, am totally with you carol.. that is one superb card!!
You nailed it perfectly whether or not your colours were the challenges " right ones" :D!
Thanks so much for popping over to my blog with your encouragement :D
Thanks so much for sharing, Shaz in Oz.x

{Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards blog}

Patrink said...

Hey Carol, thanks for your earlier visit. It's taken me some time to get around to visiting this week. Love your work desk, so many wonderful things in easy reach.

Happy WOYWW, thanks for sharing
Pat #54

Dawn's Stamping Garden said...

Your cards are great! And your workdesk is just oodles of fun waiting to happen!
Dawn #64

Christine Pennington said...

I love EVERYTHING about this card. Thanks for playing with us at CB.